A dental implant replaces one or more teeth. It is the replacement option that most closely resembles your natural teeth. It can support crowns or serve as an anchor for a denture. It is the ideal treatment known to replace your missing teeth or to stabilize a denture. Implant placement is an option of choice.
You still have some of your teeth
- Gives you back your smile
- Restores your self-esteem
- Allows for better chewing
- Allows you to remove or stabilize partial dentures
- Reduces joint pain
- Provides a long-term solution
- Helps prevent breakage of adjacent teeth
- Prevents tooth movement and bone loss
You have dentures
- Allows you to regain a more solid diet, similar to that with natural teeth
- Eliminates discomfort caused by an unstable denture
- Reduces joint pain
- Promotes proper chewing, which improves your digestion and overall health
- Stabilizes the denture in your mouth
- Eliminates the risk of losing the denture in publicAllows for a smaller, palate-less denture, so you can regain more sensation when you eat.
- Allows to make a smaller prosthesis without palate, in order to find more sensations when you eat.
- Allows you to make a more aesthetically pleasing denture, where the teeth are more apparent in the smile and there is better lip support.
For osseointegration of dental implants, the healing period should be about 4 months, depending on the implant site. After this time, you can begin work on your dentures with your dentist.
Removable denture: partial or complete
Dentures are used to replace missing teeth in the upper or lower jaw. These dentures can be used for a single tooth replacement or for multiple teeth.
Full dentures are usually made of resin and are custom molded from gum impressions.
Special attention is given to the color of the resin so that it matches the natural color of the gums as closely as possible. The same goes for the teeth, which must reflect the original anatomy of the dentition as much as possible and match the face.
The adjustment is also done with great care to ensure the comfort and stability of the prosthesis.
As with the partial denture, the appliance can be removed after meals to clean it and before sleeping.